Onward to home

Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Most Eastern Point in Australia

A Poem by Jude


Today we went to Byron Bay
A place I'd  like to stay and play.

The cool ocean water tickles my toes
I'd be a fool not to go.
The wind flew from the windows and bellowed my scarf
tied upon my head
 A new silk dress of brown and gold
not green, not red
 We saw a painting, my sister and I
"The painting of Byron beach" I cry
 The shops on each street so crowded and packed
My tummy grumbled from food that I lacked
My Nanny in a hundred swimsuits
Maybe even more!
But after swim suit 44, there was nothing left in the store
So lunch it was, cheese sandwich or two
A little apple, a little carrot, too much for just two
After that my Auntie, Mama and sister set off for a shop
and lots of people not one in a row
While I stayed behind to run on the beach to and fro
Then we packed not leaving a tiny little snack
And went off to a lighthouse, down windy steps and twisty roads
to find a blue tongue lizard with an Ice Cream Cone

We saw an army helicopter flying close by
we saw the view and headed back
A spectacular view that had no weakness, no lack

We went on the road to a beach again
with the waves I would pretend
I was an Olympic Swimmer
Then home again, home again
And Mama says to write a page
"A poem" I say
So here I am, my poems complete
My Rhyming unique
My best has been done
The end to everyone.

4 comments:

  1. What a GORGEOUS poem! I felt like I was right there! What an awesome experience this is for you gals.
    It's cold, cold, cold here, but reading this warms my heart - down to my toes!
    We're thankful for you in this seaason of thanks, but will be even more thankful when you're back home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful poem Jude I loved every line. My goodness what an adventure you had. Won't be long and Dad will be there to join you. Blessings Aunt Claire

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an awesome time you are having! Your poem took me right with you.
    Bilbo and I got your postcard, he's keeping it by the computer, to look at he says :)!
    Can't wait to read and see more of your adventures.
    BIG hugs, Terri and Bilbo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jude the blue lizard looks like a snake to me scary looking. Journie

    ReplyDelete